1. Mian Muhammad Mansha is the richest person of Pakistan. He is a Businessman and has the worth of $2.5 billion. He owns Muslim Commercial Bank. Mansha’s Nishat Group is Pakistan’s largest exporter of cotton clothes (for brands like Gap).
So, these were the top 10 richest people of Pakistan in 2012. We can see there are politicians in this list as well. Can this facts be somehow linked to corruption in Pakistan? Please share your views with us in the comments section below.
2. Mr. Asif Ali Zardari is the 2nd richest person in Pakistan with a worth of $1.8 Billion. Mr. Zardari is the current president of Pakistan. His assets hold hundred of million dollars, he has 8 prime properties in UK, he also has multi-million dollars mansion in USA, huge stakes in sugar mills all over the Pakistan.
3. Anwar Pervaiz is the third richest person in Pakistan. He has worth of $1.5 billion. He is the Chairman of Bestway Group and they own 50 cash and carry’s. He is also shareholder of UBL
4. The Sharif brothers are on number 4 position among the richest people of Pakistan. These two are famous politicians. Their worth is $1.4 billion (declared). They are mainly Politicians as well as Businessmen. Before becoming PM, Nawaz Sharif was a major share holder along with his brother and cousins of Ittefaq Group.
5. Saddaruddin Hashwani is 5th in the list of top 10 richest people of Pakistan. He has the worth of $1.1 billion. He is the tycoon of Hospitality Industry in Pakistan. He is the chairman of Hashoo Group of Companies. He is the owner of Pearl Continental and Marriott.
6. Nasir Schon is Pakistan’s 6th richest man and he has the worth of more than $1 billion. He is Head of Schon Group. He is also the owner of Dubai Lagoon, UAE. Nasir Schon is also known to be one of the first people to have a Rolls-Royce in Pakistan.
7. Abdul Razzaq Yakoub is the 7th richest man of Pakistan. His worth is $1 Billion. He is the president of ARY group and World Memon Organization (WMO). He is controlling around 7 channels. Mr. Abdul Razzaq has also got 20 Gold outlets in Asia.
8. Rafiq Habib and Rasheed Habib are at the 8th position in this list and their worth is $ 900 million. They have always played a good role in helping out Pakistan’s economy.
They are the owners of Bank Al-Habib, Habib Bank A.G Zurich, Indus Motors assembling Corolla cars etc
9. Tariq Saigol & Nasim Saigol rank number 9 in the list of top 10 richest people of Pakistan. Their worth is $850 Million. Saigol Group comprises of three different business houses. The Saigol brothers own the followings:
*Kohinoor Textile Mills.
* Pak Elektron Ltd. (PEL).
* Kohinoor Power Company.KTM MONO
* Faisalabad Grammar School, Faisalabad (FGS).
* Kohinoor Energy
* Saigol Computers (Private) Limited
* Kohinoor Motor Works Limited
* Saigol Motors
* Sajeel Motors
10. Dewan Yousuf Farooqui
Dewan Yousuf Farooqui is on number 10 in the list. He is worth $800 Million. He is the owner of The “Dewan Mushtaq Group”. The group owns three textile units, a motorcycle manufacturing concern and the largest sugar unit in the country.