By Raja G Mujtaba

Terrorism had hit Pakistan to the extent that it nearly rocked it. It had become a daily routine where suicide killings, high profile military targets and public places were focused very sharply. Objective being to demoralize and tame the public to an extent that they lose faith in the state. A leading group that played a hidden role was of the Blackwater who had inducted locals for their grand design. How and when the Blackwater came in, enough has been said on that. But now the point that is to be highlighted that when the culprits are caught then for the lack of evidence or fear of repercussions the witnesses do not come forward, that makes the case very weak that cannot stand in the ‘Court of Law.’ If we were operating through ‘Court of Justice,’ then it would have been a different scenario.

Public memories are so short that after the incident, they forget the pain and also the havoc caused. Therefore when such culprits are nabbed by the agencies and taken for investigation a public reaction sparks, of course behind all such reactions are the forces funded by foreign hands to further delineate the people from the state machinery.

Now the case of the 11 Adiala Jail Detainees, the ources who have been related to investigation of 11 Adiala jail detainees said that these 11 suspects, Dr Niaz Ahmed Saqib , Mazhar ul Haq , Shafique ur Rehman , Abdul Basit, Abdul Saboor , Abdul Majid , Muhammad Amir Khan Khan, Muhammad Shafiq aka Maaz ,Tehseen ullah , Saeed Arab aka Tariq  Gul, Roze Khan aka Farman are hard core terrorists who are involved in  planning and facilitating suicide attacks on  GHQ (It was an attack in 2007 in which 2 persons were killed before major GHQ attack in 2009) and Hamza Camp (ISI) on 24 November 2007 and Kamra Air Base on 15 January 2008.

On 24 November 2007 Rawalpindi experienced twin suicide attacks on security forces, which killed nearly 30 people and injured dozens more. The first vehicle-borne suicide attack took place at 0749 hours when a suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden car into a 72-seater bus parked in front of ISI’s Hamza Camp (Previously known as Ojhri Camp) on the Murree Road. According to eyewitnesses, the bus that was carrying ISI officials to their work place and was completely destroyed/ burnt. The people inside the 72-seat bus were burnt beyond recognition and  only skeletons were left lying on the seats before any rescue operation could be started. The second suicide attack occurred at 0805 hours, when another suicide bomber blew up his explosive-laden car near a military check-post, after he failed to sneak into the main General Headquarters (GHQ) building of the Pakistan Army. The attack killed two security personnel, while critically injured another.

These suspects were apprehended on various dates from different locations and produced in the court of law. However due to lack of evidence the accused were acquitted by the court of law. All these accused during the course of court proceeding had not only been threatening Superintendent Adiala Jail and the Judge but also to their families if they were punished.

 Same very day the accused were apprehended on the order of DCO under section 16, MPO. However on 28 May 2010 LHC, Rawalpindi Bench declared the detention illegal. On the day of release the accomplices of these terrorists (under the disguise of intelligence agencies) took them to their safe havens in FATA. To cover up their move to FATA their families filed writ petition in the Supreme Court of Pakistan, declaring them as missing persons. Under the direction of Supreme Court, LEA carried out operations in FATA and recovered 20 suspects from there including these 11 persons.

Detainees were being interned under “ Action in Aid of Civil Power Regulation 2011 d for FATA/PATA

As per orders of Supreme Court 3 Meetings of all suspects were arranged, in January, September and December, 2011 by security agencies with their family members. All those family members who met with the suspects signed and verified the meetings and record of it is also available.

Death of All Four Suspects is Natural.

Sources disclosing about the death of 4 suspects out of 11 detainees of Adiala jail said that during the course of proceeding 4 suspects unfortunately died in Hospital on different dates due to their ailment. These accused died in the hospital. Their dead bodies were handed over to their families with full hounour and according to Islamic laws. On all occasion families of the deceased were asked for autopsy. Family members of two deceased signed affidavit that they do not want autopsy whereas family members of two deceased besides refusal to get autopsy also declined to sign affidavit.

  Israel Gets Open Licence

Sources said that first victims who died was Amir Alias Khalid. He expired died on 13 August due to acute renal failure and acute gastroenteritis. Putting aside the allegation that these detainees were not allowed the meet their families sources said Amir Alias Khalid met his mother and brother and wife on 10 January 2011.

On 16 June 2011 and 23 June he visited Hospital for treatment of his ailment. He also remained admitted in CMH, Peshawar on 26 April and he remained admitted till 30 April. During the course of his treatment various blood tests which include RFT,LFTs, RBS, Chest X-Ray,MP,CP, USG and Stool test were taken for which required medicines and injections were also advised by doctor. He died at Lady Reading Hospital and doctor signed his death certificate.

Other suspect Tehseen Ullah died in Lady Reading Hospital on 17 December 2011. Security Foces arranged his meeting with his brother and mother on 10 January, 2011 and 15 September 2011.He initially complained for his aliment on 15 September, 2011. He was immediately taken to Hospital for treatment. He again visited hospital on 29 September, 28 October, 21 November and 2 December. He under went various tests and doctor also prescribed him medicines and injections.  He expired in Lady Reading Hospital on 17 December, 2011 due to cardio pulmonary arrest.

Third  victim Syed Arab complained for his ailment on 16 March, 2011. He was taken to CMH for treatment. He was suffering from Cellulitis Right foot, Miliary Tuberculoses and Anemia. He was again taken to hospital on 1 May, 2011 and then on 17 December. At hospital doctor took certain blood test and other test and prescribed him medicines. He expired on 18 December due to cardio pulmonary arrest, secondary to anemia and pancyctpaeshia. During 2011 twice he met his father and mother once in January and again in September.

 About 4th suspect Syed Abdul Saboor sources said that he also remained admitted in Lady Reading Hospital for almost one month. He was suffering from swelling on left legs below knee, deficiency of blood joints and Megaloblastic-anemia. For which he remained under treatment for almost one month and died on20 January. His family was informed about his death and his dead body was handed over to them through the concerned hospital authorities with full respect and Islamic ritual. They were handed over the body in an Ambulance outside hospital due to the reason that earlier, couple of families once called in Hospital started agitation inside hospital for which hospital authorities requested that body of Saboor be handed over outside hospital to avoid untoward scene inside the hospital. Security Forces arranged meeting of Saboor with his brothers and mother in January 2011 and again in September 2011 with his wife, son and brother.

11 Suspects- Adiala Jail detainees are Hardcore Terrorists

Sources said 11 suspects of adiala jail who were detained legally by security agencies are all hard core terrorists who planned and executed Hamza Camp Bus attack and and GHQ attack on November 24,2007 and also Kamra missile attack on January, 2008. Dr Niaz Ahmed Saqib was the mastermind of Hamza Camp and GHQ attack on 24 November 2011. Trail of this attack which revealed during  investigation is nothing less than a suspense movie. Dr Niaz was apprehended at Mardan on 7 December 2007. He is resident of Allama Iqbal Colony Rawalpindi. He is educated man who has done Masters in Political Science from Punjab University and also qualified himself in homeopathic medicines. During custody he admitted that in August 2007, he alongwith Umar Farooq ( Nephew of Ghazi brothers), Mazhar, Nafees and Khalid decided to avenge Lal Masjid operation.Dr Niaz also financially assisted Ghazi brothers before security forces lanunched operation in 2007 To this end Umar Farooq arranged their visit to Wana, South Wazirastan Agency where they met one Aslam who assured them of their full cooperation. On instructions of Aslam they carried out reconnaissance and made movies all targets which included Ojri camp, ISI HQ, Attock oil company, Chaklala Cantt, officers colonies. Mazhar took this video to Wana to show it to Yasin aka Aslam. In Mid October Dr Niaz with the help of Mazhar arranged two vehicles for targeting GHQ and Hamza Camp. Umer Farooq arranged these vehicles with the help of Abdul Majid, Abdul Basit and Abdul Saboor ( 3 borthers). Then Shafiq ur Rehman transported explosive, anti personnel mines, 70 rounds of mortar, detonator from Wana by a Baleno car which was owned by Dr Niaz in two trips. All equipment which was to be used for attack on GHQ and Hamza Camp was received at Misrial road and dumped at newly constructed house of Dr Niaz at Dhok Mustaqeem. Dr Niaz, Mazhar and Khalid prepared both vehicles for suicide attacks at the same house. 45 Mortars were placed inside Suzuki Van alongwith 3 mines. Similarly 35 mortar rounds  alongwith 3 mines were fitted in Baleno car for the assigned mission. On 21 November Shafiq ur Rehman brought two suicide bombers from Wana to Rawalpindi. On 22 November Dr Niaz asked Noor Muhammad to bring both suicide bombers to Choor Chowk. Dr Niaz in his silver Sunny Car drove the both suicide bombers for orientation of the target. They again went for orientation on 23 November and finalized their programme for next morning. On 24th November 2007 Noor Muhammad handed over one suicide bomber nominated for GHQ with Dr Niaz and took other one by taxi for handing over to Mazhar for Hamza Camp. At 0740 hours Dr Niaz was informed by Khalid who was at Kachehri Chowk that a two star had just passed. Hearing this Dr Niaz handed over the Baleno car which was fully charged to a suicide bomber and took a taxi himself and left for Isamabad. He heard a blast enroute to Islamabad. The other suicide bomber who was with Mazhar reached in a Suzuki Van and parked it near PSO Petrol pump on Murree Road and started waiting for ISI bus. After handing over vehicle to a suicide bomber Mazhar also left for I-9 Markaz where Dr Niaz was waiting for him. Enroute Islamabad he heard a huge blast. Property Website

Another suspect Mazhar ul Haq is resident of I-9 Islamabad and was into rent a car business with the name of “Aman Rent a Car”. He joined an extremist group in 1996 and got training at Khalid Bin Waleed Camp. He also worked in Publicity Section of a banned outfit and there he got in contact with Dr Niaz. During Lal Masjid episode he helped Umer Farooq (nephew of Ghazi brothers) in transportation of ammunition from Darra. Dr Niaz alongwith Mazhar ul Haq and Khalid and Nafees used to visit Lal Masjid and helped in preparation of petrol bombs. He got weapon training from Ustad Mavia at Wana. After completing his training Ustad Mavia asked to carry out photography of targets at Rawalpindi and gave him money for purchase of a camera. After photography of targets he alongwith Niaz went to Wana and handed over the film to Ustad Mavia. Mazhar was throughout helping Dr Niaz and party in carrying out preparation for attack on Hamza Camp. He was apprehended on 28 March, 2008.

Sources disclosed that another suspect Shafique ur Rehman         He was apprehended on 24 November 2007. He is resident of Mardan. In 1999 Shafique got terrorist later joined a terrorist group. In November 2007 he met Baitullah  Mehsud who dispatched two suicide bombers with him to Rawalpindi. These suicide bombers were used in attack on Hamza camp and GHQ on 24 November. He arrived at Rawalpindi from SWA alongwith two suicide bombers and stayed at a Baithak in Chishtian Abad till 21-24 November, 2011. These suicide bombers were Mehsood by tribe. One Latif,27 was tasked to target GHQ while Adnan 20 was to target Hamza Camp. Before he left Wana Baitullah Mehsood  also gave him Rs 8000 for expenditure on suicidal. Shafique remained engaged till last and assisted in reconnaissance of targets by suicidal and later their transportation to sites.

Sources said that Muhammad Aamir Khan    He is resident of Rawalpindi. In year 2000 he received training in weapon handling and firing at Resh Khor HUJI training camp Afghanistan. After training he fought at Mazare Sharif, Afghanistan where he was apprehended by troops of Rasheed Dostam and shifted to Shabarghan jail where he spent three years. After three years he was handed over to Pakistan authorities and shifted to Peshawar and later Adiala jail. He was released on 4 April 2005. He started visiting Lal Masjid and established contacts with Ghazi brothers, Dr Niaz and Mazhar and also met Umer Farooq and  Abdul Basit. He was apprehended on 1 May 2007 at Rawalpindi while supplying arms, explosive and other material for use in Lal Mosque. He was kept in detention for 3 months and released on bail on 25 August 2007. Immediately after his release he met Mazhar and Dr Niaz and told them that he is expert in explosive handling and wants to avenge Lal Masjid Operation. He physically participated in preparation of vehicles used for terrorism on GHQ attack 2007 and Hamza Camp ISI vehicle attack. He was apprehended by Police in Quetta in 2008.

  Pakistan: Early Elections The Only Option

 Abdul Majid,Abdul Basit and Abdul Saboor  Three brothers are resident of Lahore Ichhra. Originally they belong to Togh Bala, Kohat. They had contacts with people in Lal Masjid and were involved in all activities of Lal Masjid. Beside their involvement in other extremist activities they were involved in GHQ attack and Hamza Camp. They helped main accused of the suicide attack Mazhar in purchase of Suzuki Van and Baleno Car from Lahore which was later used in Hamza Camp and GHQ attack where 30 people were burn alive. They were apprehended from Lahore on 27 and 29 November 2007. Later  Abdul Saboor died in Lady Reading Hospital due to ailment. Abdul Majid has been receiving treatment for his ailment. He is suffering from Urinal Tract infection, anxiety, depression, infected scabies. He was admitted in LRH on 27 January 2012.

Muhammad Shafique was a hard core terrorist who was apprehended on 20 January 2008 for his involvement in Kamra Complex missile attack. Since January 2007 he had been studying in Haqqania Madrassa, Akora Khattak. In September 2007 he went to Miranshah for training. After training he went to Paktia, Afghanistan and stayed there for 50 days. On return he became active member of a terrorist group. He was involved in all stages of Kamra Complex missile attack on 14 January 2008 for which 10 missiles were brought from Mohmand agency.

Another suspect of Kamra Complex Gul Roze Khan aka Farman.     He was apprehended on 21January 2008 at Chhota Lahore, Swabi. He is resident of village Nabi, Chhota Lahore, Swabi. He was student of Madrassa Akora Khattak. In early 2006 he went to Wana and received terrorist training in weapon handling and grenade throwing. He used to spent his vacation in SWA. He helped in transportation of missiles from Mohmand agency and was physically involved in Kamra Complex attack.

Sources disclosed that Saeed Arab Hussain was another suspect of Kamra complex.            He was arrested on 21 January 2008 at Chhota Lahore Swabi. He completed his studies at Madrassa Akora Khattak. He also underwent terrorist training at Miranshah. All explosive material used in Kamra complex was stored at his place and he is the main harbor and facilitator of Kamra attack. At the time of his arrest 1 vehicle, 1 kk rifle, 1 pistorl and 1 hand grenade were also recovered from his possession. He also handed over 16 bag of potassium nitrated to Qasim which were used in making  explosive material for attack on Kamra.

Tehseen Ullah another suspect of Kamra missile attack was apprehended on 15 January 2008 from Jehangira Swabi road. He is resident of Armour colony, Nowshera. A student of 7th grade Jamia Haqqania, Akora Khattak since 2000. He was actively involved in missile attack of Kamra Complex and many other similar terrorist activities.

The public at large and the activists in particular must study the realities, some wrongs committed by the agencies cannot be ruled out but then one must remember that they are also under tremendous pressure where they are working round the clock, their judgments can also err. Instead they must educate and persuade the public to come forward and testify before the court for any knowledge they may have about a particular happening so that trials become more speedy and effective.